THE RED PILL OR THE BLUE PILL

Malo e Lelei, Kia Ora & Welcome,
join me as I share my views, philosophy on life & some of my intrepid journeys, if you like what you read, please subscribe, leave a comment or tell a friend.

DISCLAIMER:

What's in my blog may challenge your views on
"How one should lead their lives", if so,
My sincere apologies, please close this page,
Flick me the finger & we'll call it even.
However, if what you find interests you or even aligns
with your own personal philosophy,
PLEASE subscribe & actively participate
because in the words of John Lennon,

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one"


LazKane a.k.a "That Tongan"


Friday, August 21, 2009

Looking To The Future.


Well, here I am at the end of my first week blogging, so what do I think so far? I think that the more I write, the more I need to focus my thoughts. When I was thinking of starting this blog, I was imagining chronicles of my intrepid journeys, the proverbial David & Goliath storyline, where my family & I fight through the laughter and tears and almost insurmountable odds to fufil the dream.
Yet what seems to be crystallising is that this can only be half the story. If I am to tell this story, I feel, how the journey affects us is much more important than the story of obtaining money to obtain objects, or to pay for new experiences in foreign places, or even reaching self-sustainability where we don't tax the worlds resources.
My story lies in the pursuit of happiness, in ideas and principles that for me supercede conforming to the norm, it demands forging ahead and beyond what we feel are our limits are to become our "superselves" so others can and will attain it as well. History has shown us that never before has there been so much opportunity for those of us in the masses, to be exceptional, and I mean that in every sense of the word, ecologically, academically, morally, financially and more.
I am not the smartest man but what I do know is that there are many distractions around that take our eye off what we want most, for what we want now and I need this blog to chronicle my journey, to share my aspirations and honestly detail my experience, so myself and others can grow. And in that idea is the point of this blog, it is to dedicate it to the help, in any way, shape or form to help others, as an old Maori proverb states so eloquently, "What is the most important thing? I say, It is people, It is people, It is people".
In my next post, I'm going to share some of our goals for the rest of the year, I hope to see you soon. Laz

No comments:

Post a Comment