THE RED PILL OR THE BLUE PILL

Malo e Lelei, Kia Ora & Welcome,
join me as I share my views, philosophy on life & some of my intrepid journeys, if you like what you read, please subscribe, leave a comment or tell a friend.

DISCLAIMER:

What's in my blog may challenge your views on
"How one should lead their lives", if so,
My sincere apologies, please close this page,
Flick me the finger & we'll call it even.
However, if what you find interests you or even aligns
with your own personal philosophy,
PLEASE subscribe & actively participate
because in the words of John Lennon,

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one"


LazKane a.k.a "That Tongan"


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waterfalls


I went for a walk after dinner tonight, nothing unusual in that, besides the fact that I went a new route, just for something different. So I'm walking for a while and notice that I've never been this way before but even stranger, I start thinking about this paper that used to be delivered in my town when I was a kid, that was written for kids, The Grapevine.
Now I used to love this paper and looked forward to it every month. These articles were quirky, funny and really eye opening but the thing I looked forward to most were these one line pearls of wisdom that lined the bottom of every page and now in retrospect, these probably had a big influence during my adolescence.
I used to read them all first before going through the rest of the paper and just reliving it again was making me grin, bigger and then uncontrollably, so much so, I just about fell over. After getting myself together, I noticed I was near this park that has a waterfall, with a 15 or 20m drop, so I head down there and I am just standing on the viewing platform, mesmerized by this waterfall and I'm feeling this weird mixture of vertigo (cos i feel like can't stand properly), fear, cos I feel it drawing me in, (and for some reason, I want to jump), and at the same time really zen (for the lack of a better term).
So, on the way home, a lot of things were bouncing through my mind and I'm trying to just understand what had just happened when suddenly a new feeling came over me, something I hadn't felt since my daughter was about one & a half, I wanted to write poetry (spoken word) again. As i kept walking, ideas and concepts start appearing then evolving, now it's words into lines and then to a verse, and then all too soon, I was walking into my driveway, then I'm in the house writing a draft, and now I'm here writing this post, basically to help me process it all.
OK, what's that all got to do with "The Grapevine", well, that little paper helped me a lot, so, if my poems and stand-up routines are constructed properly, I can pass that help along and it gets me closer to realizing my dreams. Laz

No comments:

Post a Comment