THE RED PILL OR THE BLUE PILL

Malo e Lelei, Kia Ora & Welcome,
join me as I share my views, philosophy on life & some of my intrepid journeys, if you like what you read, please subscribe, leave a comment or tell a friend.

DISCLAIMER:

What's in my blog may challenge your views on
"How one should lead their lives", if so,
My sincere apologies, please close this page,
Flick me the finger & we'll call it even.
However, if what you find interests you or even aligns
with your own personal philosophy,
PLEASE subscribe & actively participate
because in the words of John Lennon,

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one"


LazKane a.k.a "That Tongan"


Monday, September 21, 2009

Turning of the Tide.

It's been a very tumultuos ride over the last couple of weeks and in retrospect has offered many opportunities for my family and i to test our metal. We've learned how precious time is, and that priorities need to be identified and a plan of attack engaged immediately, if regret is to be avoided. Other than that, feeling the family unite has been a very special experience, on Friday evening, members of our family traveled(some a great distance) to be together, recount our memories of Grandma and discuss plan of returning to Tonga in a years time for the unveiling of her headstone. Another thing, that was unexpected but very touching, was my dad suggesting that we go to Tonga anyway, just to say our goodbye in person and go back next year as a way to bond with our other family members.
Our recent experiences have also taught us valuable lessons about adapting to the environment, trying not to be too rigid when dealing with plans, our kids and especially with other people. We've adapted plans that were intended to catapult us to Tonga, into a longer range one to incorporate other family members to fund a mass pilgrimage. Other plans are staying the course, but their end has changed to meet different needs.
I find this probably as good a time as any to, wind down this phase of these posts, regarding Tonga and our quest to get there. We have resolved ourselves to the fact that we as many of our family were not destined to send her off but understand that our efforts were thwarted by time and not our lack of love or trying, so i feel
at ease, to that end.
The upcoming posts, will be more on my physical condition and how i will be doing my best to restore my health. I feel that the tide has turned and that many things i had assumed constant and unchanging are in for a fright. 
Laz

No comments:

Post a Comment